Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.tools.repair+advice,rec.woodworking
CBHVAC

Default Which has the better cordless 18v. drill: Bosch or Hitachi

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
.. .

"KMoiarty" wrote in message
BTW, another question I have just came to mind: what is the
significance of "Ah" (e.g. 2.0 Ah, 2.5 Ah, 3.0 Ah, 3.5 Ah, and so on)
rating of a cordless tool's battery-capacity?

Up til now I had just assumed
this referred to amperage-per-hour output (which, like the amperage
rating of a corded tool, if multiplied by the voltage [e.g 12. for 12v.
cordless models, between 110 and 120 for all corded models] yields
maximum energy output [or consumption, respectively] per hour). But I'd
like to somehow find out for certain from someone if I am on the right
track in this or not... Because if this is true how can the most powerful
cordless tool possibly keep pace with an average corded one which has far
higher, both, amp and voltage numbers? Thanks.

The AH rating is how much power is available. Some tools use that power
more efficiently than others.

None can truly keep up with a corded tool long term. They may have equal
power for a short time, but there are compromises to get decent run time
from the batteries.

Going to be interesting to see how the new Milwaukee V28 Ion line holds up.