Posted to sci.engr.lighting,uk.d-i-y
KevinGPO

Default HELP: halogen vs energy-saving light bulb.... woes :S

I need some help and advice. I just moved into a new expensive flat. I
am trying to save money as I am low on income. I noticed that my entire
flat is illuminated by halogen light bulbs. Every single light bulb
socket in the ceilings are halogen bulb sockets. I know that halogen
light bulbs uses 10x more electricity/energy than conventional/old
light bulbs. Does anyone know the easiest way to replace the halogen
bulb sockets to be able to use the conventional/old light bulbs? Does
there exist a convertor?

To save some money I have taken all but one halogen bulb out from each
room. However I still don't like the sight of halogen light bulbs. I
prefer installing "energy saving" light bulbs but I do not want to use
floor/table lamps. There are now holes with dangling wires from where
the halogen light bulbs used to be. The wires are the halogen sockets.