Posted to alt.home.repair
CBHVAC

Default Are electric oil-filled radiator heaters a carbon monoxiderisk?

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Home digital read out Co detectors for 50$ are not crap, they store peak
readings, sure a tech that needs one every day needs a pro unit, but not
a home owner. If they were crap First Alert and others would have been
shut down due to lawsuits.

Rule of thumb in any liability issue: Dead people dont sue.

And yes Mark, they suck. They are NOT what the average person thinks they
are. They are NOT a sure fire way to measure anything...and, does anyone
know that after 5 years you are supposed to toss them? Who, honestly, has
replaced a unit that is more than 5 years old? Who really knows how long its
been there unless you just put it up?
ITs why some of us install units that not only know, they make sure YOU
know. The public wants cheap, so First Alert and others give you cheap. Just
dont bet your life on it. Something is better than nothing, but personally,
I would not have one of those POS things in my home.
And the new combo smoke/CO detectors? Jokes.