Posted to ba.consumers,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair
mm

Default Frigidaire front-loading washing machine is taking NAPS! -- More info

On 28 Dec 2005 22:24:21 -0800, wrote:

Thanks to all those who responded. Here are some more details and
findings.

1. The model number is FTW445GES1
2. Problem does NOT appear tp be the motor. I touched it, and it was
quite cool.
3. Quite by chance, I lightly pressed the door, and the nap ended!

If someone were kneeling on your chest, most likely any nap you were
taking would end also.

After that I did a test where I continuously applied light pressure on
the door and it went through the complete cycle without taking any
naps.

Congratulations.

One of the most common problems with Frigidaire washers is that they
depend not so much on soap and water, but on cooling the clothes and
agitating them so the frozen dirt flakes off. So if you have more
problems, be sure to check the compressor and the freon.

Bhoot Nath

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.