Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Have a question regarding moving a washer machine or dryer

One thing to keep in mind - some washing machine instructions say that
the drain hose has to hook over something at least as high as the tub
of the washer. I'm not sure why, but one washer I used stopped working
when I tried to just set the drain hose on the floor next to the drain
- once I hooked the hose up and into the laundry sink, it worked fine.
Possibly to prevent siphoning back into the tub? So maybe after you
run the drain hose along the ground, it could then hook up into the
sink or wherever the drain was before.
Good luck and report back on what works.
Andy