Posted to alt.home.repair
Romanoda

Default Light fixture wattage limit and compact fluorescent bulbs

It seems like many modern light fixtures say that you should use no more
than a 60-watt bulb. In doing some learning about compact fluorescent
bulbs, I see that a 23 watt CFL provides around the same amount of lumens as
a 100-watt incandescent bulb (1600, compared to 800 lumens from a 60-watt
incandescent).

So it seems like I should be able to replace a 60-watt incandescent bulb
with a 23-watt CFL and get twice as much light, while still staying well
below the fixture's limit of 60 watts... Is that correct?? It somehow
feels like cheating...

Thanks!