Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Heat loss through skylight

wrote:

Do you have a list with the physical characteristics of every
commercially-available skylight on earth to prove your claim? :-)

m's claim...

...We're supposed to track down every skylight spec to prove the mythical one
your rambling about doesn't exist?

That's what m would need to do to prove his claim :-) As an alternative,
he might disprove it with a little 300-year old high-school physics.

BTW, the only claim I made was that it appears that skylights lose
about 2X more energy than similar vertical windows. I provided a link
to an independent site that appears credible to back up that claim.

Yes indeedy.

And I said that some of that delta is likely made up in winter by
additional heat from the sun.

Try numbers, if you like.

However, the situation quickly reverses in the summer, last time I checked,
so the sun is more likely an overall negative.

As I've described over and over, unwanted summer gain is easily to avoid
with an overhang which also enhances winter gain.

Nick