Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub

Default Have a question regarding moving a washer machine or dryer

blauter78 wrote:
Hi Everyone. Here is my dilema. Just recently bought a house which has
hookups for both washer and dryer. I hooked both up and was on my way.
The issue now is that the washer and sink is on the left side of the
basement walk out door connected to the main water drain and the dryer
is on the right side. This was all fine until now when I decided to
start finishing the basement. I would like these two appliances in the
same location so I can partition a laundry area. Preferably I would
like to move the washer/sink to the right side of the door with the
dryer. Is that possible? Would I need to used a sump pump to move the
water up and over the door frame?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.. Im stumped.

I betcha it's going to be easier to re-locate the washer than the sink.

The washer water is connected by hoses, you simply get longer hoses. Also,
the washer has a drain pump that may very well be powerful enough to pump
through an extended hose to the drain. All it costs to find out is the cost
of the hoses. Try it and see.

Report back.