Posted to rec.woodworking
David Stuve

Default Jimmy Carter website

"Tim Daneliuk" wrote in message
David Stuve wrote:

your local library, and do a Lexis Nexis search on Americans torturing
prisoners,

You mean aggressively going after *non-uniformed combatants* for
whom the Geneva accords do not apply. They can be shot on sight as spies
if we like. There is both legal grounds and precedent for doing so.

Actually, no. I mean the McCain amendment specifically prohibiting torture.
Cheney was actively lobbying to exempt the CIA from restrictions using the
bizarre argument that we are A) strongly against torture, but B) want to be
able to threaten to do it. That should make your BS detector go berzerk -
what if your local sherrif or department store detective wanted a similar
exemption, promising that he would of course never do it..... "We'd never
torture a shoplifting suspect, but we need the threat of it to act as a
deterrent."

no-bid contracts in Iraq, the forged yellowcake documents,

To misquote a famous person from history, "The Left is an Ass". the
no-bid Halliburton contracts were let out under the *Clinton*
administration primarily because there are so few companies who
can/will do this work at the relatively low net margins to be had.

If the no-bid contracts were let out under Clinton as you say, why was
Cheney personally involved in handing them out after the Iraq invasion?

interference with CIA intelligence gathering, the outing of Valerie
Plame,

There will be due process to find out who did what as regards to the
whole Plame matter. Stay tuned - it will have been much ado about
nothing.

Cheney was obsessed with Joe Wilson, and he and "Scooter" followed his every
move. I find this very paranoia unsettling behavoir, especially when
combined with his fondness of torture...

the botched reconstruction of New Orleans, and the recent scandal about

Go find a history book with small words and simple concepts.

The handling of New Orleans was disturbingly similar to how Cheney handled
Iraq. Cheney came in to run things, and lots of out-of-state contractors
got all of the work, local companies got nothing, and lots of money changed
hands and people are still in desparate straits down there.

ordering the NSA to spy on Americans. Cheneys name will be prominently

Again, we need to help you with the concept here. The NSA was not given
an unlimited hunting license. They were only given room to do this when

Really? They haven't released any information about who they spied on.
I've seen an AP story in the last couple of days hinting that the spying was
much more widespread than Bush has admitted to. What's even more bizarre is
that they can retroactively get warrants within 72 hours of doing
wiretapping, but they just didn't bother. That indifference to the law
can't be ignored by us if we wish to remain free people.

featured in *all* of those subjects.

I guess you could argue that Cheney is innocent, but that would be more
than he does. Usually when asked about any of these issues they're
"classified or no comment."

Grow up. Cheney is neither guilty nor innocent. He is a cog in a big
machine. A big machine made bigger for 70 years by the Chimps on the Left
and now getting even bigger because of the Chimps on the Right. Blaming
Cheney
misses the point and diverts the blame from the real culprit: The
American
People

Interesting comment - I agree that the American people have much to wake up
to, but that doesn't absolve Cheney of anything. He's simply guilty of
being weak and giveng into the pressure of finding the quick and easy (and
usually illegal) fix. I'm looking forward to him being replaced by someone
who's actually willing to do the 'hard work' to try and do the right thing.

Dave