Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal

Default Jimmy Carter website

Tim Daneliuk writes:
David Stuve wrote:

Walt, I would challenge you to expand your political horizons. Go down to
your local library, and do a Lexis Nexis search on Americans torturing
prisoners,

You mean aggressively going after *non-uniformed combatants* for
whom the Geneva accords do not apply. They can be shot on sight as spies

Torture is torture. Full Stop. Are the Geneva accords the only
document that describes how one human should treat another?
Even our most revered documents say that all _men_ are created
equal, not all _americans_ are created equal.

if we like. There is both legal grounds and precedent for doing so.
And the "torture" in this case involves making them uncomfortable and
physically intimidating them, not, say, beheading them with a dull
knife like their compatriots do. Foreign spies are not entitled
to the same civil liberties that US citizens and legal residents

Who defines whether or not someone is a Spy, or a "unlawful combatant"?

How can you trust the person making that designation if the
designation appears to be by fiat?

enjoy. In fact, they're not even entitled to the consideration
legally required for foreign military combatants. When the
Brave Soldiers Of Allah (tm) are willing to wear uniforms and fight
other soldiers, not kill innocent civilians, then they'll get treated
accordingly when captured. Until then, they are entitled to no
consideration whatsoever.

Assuming, of course, that they are really a "brave soldier of allah"
and not just someone who looks like one.

We have a court system. Use it. And forget the national security
nonsense about someone's day in court. It is a convenient
excuse, but how can you trust the government to make that designation
without showing any evidence? All one needs to do to see
this type of questionable accusation at work is to look at the Padilla case.

no-bid contracts in Iraq, the forged yellowcake documents,

To misquote a famous person from history, "The Left is an Ass". the

You're a fine one to be calling names of anyone. The Right is an
Ass, the Left is an Ass, it's the moderates in the middle
that will save this country from both the left and the right.

However, it is the right that is ****ing the country up right now.

no-bid Halliburton contracts were let out under the *Clinton*
administration primarily because there are so few companies who
can/will do this work at the relatively low net margins to be had.

Funny, how could rebuilding contracts in Iraq be let during
the Clinton administration?