Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
Leo Lichtman

Default fixing popping in scrounged O/A cutting torch?

"xray" wrote: (clip) I too often get bangs from my torch while welding,
but always assumed it was just my poor technique (clip)
Based on Grant's response, my reply is a little off-topic, but I will
mention anyway: if your torch is in good shape (O-rings OK, etc) then
popping while you are welding probably means you are running too small a
flame for the tip size, allowing the flame to travel back through the
opening.