Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
Grant Erwin

Default fixing popping in scrounged O/A cutting torch?

xray wrote:

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 15:54:40 -0800, Grant Erwin
wrote:

I've been keeping my eye on surplus oxygen/acetylene gear locally and picking it
up when it's cheap, with an eye on reselling. I now have 3 cutting torch
attachments all of which are high quality and all of which seem to have the same
problem. They pop and go out a lot.

Is this while welding or just with the torch lit by itself? I too often
get bangs from my torch while welding, but always assumed it was just my
poor technique overheating the weld and causing sparks that enter the
torch.

Just trying to narrow down the symptoms.

Nothing to do with welding, this is with the cutting attachment installed, and
just in free air, not in use at all.

GWE