Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand

Default Hardinge bearing replacement pics

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:11:20 GMT, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 14:23:12 GMT, "Keith Marshall"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
I took a series of pictures last week, when I replaced the spindle
bearings on a Hardinge DV-50. Some years ago, I wrote a FAQ on the
procedure, but over the years and several computer crashes, Ive lost
the FAQ. Ive been considering making up an Ebook with the procedure
and the photos as a freebee for anyone doing a bearing job on
Hardinges..primarily those folks here.

Anyone got that FAQ stored on their hard drive?

No, but it looks like Google does:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...1cd758b054c37b

Is that it?

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Ayup..thats the one. Thanks!

Pretty please, could I ask for a set of photos. I've got a DV59 that may well
want some new headstock bearings soon (Unless the nice people at work ever
discover that they did have parents after all and accept my derisory offer for
the HLV-EM that is sitting unloved in Bay 19 of the factory).

Mark Rand
RTFM