Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,rec.music.collecting.cd
Ian W. Douglas

Default Question re. removing CD from case

I received as a Christmas gift a 2-CDs-in-one-case pair of CDs, but I am
having trouble removing them from the case. The CD on one side of a door
like panel (this internal panel holding both CDs) is held in place by a
"button" in the centre consisting of four barb-like hooks at 90 degrees to
each other and a donut-shaped piece of plastic connected to four radial
bars--this latter set of shapes having no apparent (to me) purpose. The
bars in this latter shape are at the 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions. I
have tried pressing hard on the centre donut while attempting to remove
the CD but it won't come out. Any suggestions on how to remove the CD?
Regards, Ian Douglas