Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Smitty Two

Default Remote for 20yr RCA-XL 100

In article ,
Andrew Rossmann wrote:

[This followup was posted to sci.electronics.repair and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

In article . com,
says...
The TV came with a remote that had on/off Sound u/d and Channel u/d.
After the remote died I have tried many universal remotes with no luck.
Anyone have a suggestion?

Have you tried a OneForAll brand universal remote? These tend to do
quite well.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/codes-tv.shtml#tv

Dropping in pretty late here, and maybe this has been suggested, but did
you isolate the problem as one of transmission (remote) as opposed to
reception (tv)?

I had a Sony of that vintage or older, and the remote problems with
which I struggled for a while turned out to be electrically dirty
battery contacts. They looked shiny, but they weren't letting much
current through. An abrasive cleaning restored the unit.