John Flanagan

Default OT - Why is this news story not big on US news channels?

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 12:44:47 -0600, "Don Thompson"
wrote:

Most folks can't "relate" to 10 million pounds of TNT exploding but they
have seen films of the 15,000 pound "Daisy Cutter" going off. A picture and
film of a conventional explosive test of an enormous stack of TNT done in
Hawaii under the code name "Sailor Hat" can be found using google. The after
blast description of the results might surprise some folks. Impressive blast
but not the largest known explosion of conventional explosives. These large
scale test shots were done in the attempt to understand what happens in
Nuclear explosions.

Wasn't the largest chemical explosion the ammonium nitrate explosion
in Galveston, TX I believe it was? Either that or the one that
occured in NJ. Both were during WWII while loading ships I think.

John

Please note that my return address is wrong due to the amount of junk email I get.
So please respond to this message through the newsgroup.