Roy Hauer

Default Drill press center pulley/jackshaft ideas

I did this to my drill press. Instead of making the jackshaft pivot it
can also be made to slide by making an adapter to fit in the column
and move forwrd and back inline with the motor and quill shafts,
instead of slightly off to the side. Seems like there is very little
strain applied to these jackshafts.

If yur interested its on my projects page on my website.

On 13 Aug 2003 03:29:37 GMT, (GTO69RA4) wrote:

x-I happen to have just finished restoring a vintage Rockwell drill press (pics
x-if anyone wants to see it). It's the usual 4-speed type, but that's not enough
x-for me. What I'm looking for are photos or descriptions of center
x-pulleys/jackshafts that fitt around/near the column. Specifically the center
x-type.
x-
x-I know lots of folks here have either made them or have DPs with aftermarket
x-versions from years gone by. Just looking for some design ideas for when I make
x-mine.
x-
x-GTO(John)

--