Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
G.W.

Default OT - New Conservative Science Theme Park

Jon Elson wrote:
G.W. wrote:
That sounds like a cult not main stream evangelicals. I hope she gets
away from it.

Ho ho ho! She's going to school to BECOME ONE OF THEM! Cult? You
better believe it, they are a cult! But, who is main stream, any more?
Check out Joyce Myers, or Benny Hinn! He claims to have brought many
dead back to life! It is quite a spectacle - they wheel the crippled
up on stage in their wheelchairs, Pastor Hinn lays hands on them for a
minute, and they jump out of the wheelchair and whoop in exultation of
their miraculous healing. Then, they sit back in the wheelchair, and
are wheeled off the stage. Huh? HUH? What the HELL? If somebody
healed me of a severe infirmity, it would take 5 gorillas to put ME
back in that wheelchair! NO WAAY would I sit back down in that thing!
(So, obviously, these are people who are infirm, and have difficulty
walking, but with a little help, they can get up and walk around a bit.)
It is no big deal for them to sit back in the chair again.

But, if you check into this stuff, this is not one guy off in some wierd
little church with 15 members. Check out the Smithton Outpouring (now
moved to Kansas City, whre there is a lot more money), the Toronto
Airport Church, Revival Minstries in Tampa, and there are more, many
more, in this realm. These far-out evangelists have taken over, and
appear to still be growing.

Jon

I agree that your examples are false teachers at best and maybe
criminals at worst. Benny Hinn puts on a show and thousands fall for it
and he isn't the only one. They not only fool the people that attend
their "service" but they turn-off others who can easily see through
their baloney. People who are turned-off by it tend to think that this
is the way they all are.

I wouldn't count these folks anywhere close to main stream. The
thousands of local churches across the country that are faithful to
God's word is what I would call main stream.
Good luck,
GW