Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

Default For Gunner

On 28 Dec 2005 07:30:44 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , pyotr filipivich
says...

Yeah, I know, "free press " and all that. Of course, there was a time
when the "free press" wasn't conducting it's own foreign policy contrary to
the US Government.

You still don't "get it."

Look back carefully. Think. Take an historical perspective.

Was there ever a time when the free press was conducting its own,
adverse foreign policy towards the government?

Yep. Pretty much any period of time since 1960, when there was a
Republican in the Whitehouse.

What was the result of that adverse policy?

The public turned off the major media

What happened then?

The media still hasnt learned why they are rapidly going tits up. See
two more newspapers folded recently?

Where did that first amendment actually come from?

The Founders?

Am I the only person who percieves irony in his statments??

Jim

No Jim...we see irony aplenty.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner