Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Should the tap on a Clarke Propane regulator do anything?

wrote:
I have just bought a Clarke (Machine Mart) Propane Torch and found
that there is a 'tap' on the regulator which appears to do nothing.

There is a tap on the Calor bottle which I can use to stop the supply
and also one on the torch itself. But there is also one on the
Regulator which I assumed would shut of the supply to the torch, but
it does nothing.

Does anyone else have this kind of regulator? If so, does your tap do
anything?

Jon

Yes, the tap should open/shut off the supply.
I have the paint stripper torch.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite