Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dr. Ken

Default need help with Sony TRV328 video cam

Yes, I get the reset time and date message constantly; that's what led
me to think that the internal battery was the problem. The camera
still works, sort of, as you surmise. The problem is that I have to
remove the battery every time I turn it off, because otherwise it just
keeps running a self test on the battery until it drains the juice
again, even with the power off. This makes it a bit awkward to use,
so I was hoping for an easy fix by replacing the internal battery.
Maybe I just need a new camera.

On 28 Dec 2005 08:14:05 -0800, "spudnuty" wrote:

Dr. Ken wrote:
There is a small removable panel on the back behind the main battery,
but it contains a little memory card, not the coin battery. I have
removed most of the camera's skin and still cannot find the internal
battery. Thanks for the response.

Ken

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 12:54:42 GMT, "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote:

"Dr. Ken" wrote in message
.. .
Can anybody help me? I think I fried my internal (coin) battery
charging it with generator power in the wilds of Turkey last summer.
I have a replacement battery, but I can't seem to find the original
one to replace it! Any one know where it is?

Hey Ken,
If you think that was the case it might be that the internal
rechargeable and/or associated circuitry is fried. Is this a problem?
According to the manual you'll get the flashing "set date" and won't be
able to. The camera will work without it however.
The location will be on the main logic or power board I suspect and
will be soldered in.
Richard