Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

Default Not Too Late - Another Last Minute Present

wrote in message
ups.com...

I do my spoons with a Dremel and carbide burr and it takes a while. I
make bread mixing spoons, pudding spoons, mixing spoons, tasting
spoons, and stirring spoons all in a traditional style. I also make
mixing spatulas, turners, etc. (If anyone would like to see them I will
try to post a link after some pics.)

I would LOVE to find a faster way to make spoons than grinding and
sanding. I have made so damn many I am sick of them.

As before, gouge, scorp or scraper, spokeshave and sandpaper. I carve a
couple/three hundred a year.

If you want symmetrical, and turned handles, you can use a blocked end and
mount it below the centerline of the eventual bowl. (-\-------) I have a
bench at carving height at the end of my horse, but as you wouldn't be
shaving handles, you could get by with a shaving "pony" in a vise.
http://photobucket.com/albums/d160/G...t=7eaa82a0.jpg