Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Can a ring main spur start at the consumer unit.

In article ,
Mike Tomlinson wrote:
Yes, that is allowed. The spur can of course only feed one single or
double socket, or one item of fixed equipment.

Wouldn't that mean the spur would be fed from a 32A MCB (since the OP is
talking about connecting the spur to the same MCB as a ring final
circuit), and thus be incorrect? I'd have said that a spur wired using
2.5mm cable should have a 16A or 20A breaker.

In principle it's no different from any other spur on a ring. However,
if the proposed new socket has easy wiring access to the CU (as is
obvious) I'd say it would also be easy to incorporate it into the ring
rather than making it a spur.

--
*I speak fluent patriarchy but it's not my mother tongue

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.