Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Are electric oil-filled radiator heaters a carbon monoxide risk?

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:53:06 -0600, (m Ransley)
wrote:

Home digital read out Co detectors for 50$ are not crap, they store peak
readings, sure a tech that needs one every day needs a pro unit, but not
a home owner. If they were crap First Alert and others would have been
shut down due to lawsuits.

Yes, I think that's the brand I have, and it worked when it needed to.
Woke me up one night, making a big racket in my bedroom.. I had a
headache, and opened the windows, then went downstairs to turn off the
furnace. Later I learned the flue was almost clogged.

This one plugs in and shows some moving red segments with LEDs, and
when the level gets over a certain point, it reports the level.

Apparently at the level I had, other urls say it would take 2 full
days or was it 3 to kill me. But if I was too groggy to wake up the
next day (not sure if the light and some sleeping woudl have let me
wake up or not.) it would have had 3 days to do it's job.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.