Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Planer or jointer?

"JustME" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the woodworking world so I need some help with this
one. I'm wanting to purchase a planer or a jointer, but not sure which
one I should buy FIRST?

Frequent question and you will get answers of both sides.

IMO, the planer. I still don't have a jointer. I can buy my wood at a
couple of local dealers and have it at least jointed, maybe planed to final
thickness. That eliminates a lot of need for the jointer. There is always
something I want to resaw or otherwise plane so I get a lot of use from my
Delta 580. I'd go with the Delta again of the new DeWalt 635.

No matter which you get first, a dust collector is sure nice to have with
them.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/