Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dick

Default air compresser control

Anyone here have any good luck getting good, new on/off controls for a
portable air compressor? I've got a Black Max 5 hp compressor that has been
very dependable since 1994. About 2 1/2 years ago the on/off control went
bad. The electrical contacts finally burned up. I got a new one from
http://www.mastertoolrepair.com/ . It looked identical, kicks in at 80 psi
and off at 125psi. All seems good except these things don't last. In the
last 2.5 years I've replaced this unit 3 times and now it is bad again and
hasn't been on for six months. The points burn up and start sticking
together so that the compressor never shuts off and I'm afraid there's going
to be a fire as the motor gets pretty hot after a few hours of running.
Are there any better units out there?
Dick

--
Richard H. Neighbors
Building and repairing fine billiard cues for real pool players at