Anon Ymous

Default Adding a muffler to a cheap generator

A friend of mine fab'ed a pipe and then used a car muffler on his lawn
mower, now the blades are about twice as loud as the engine noise. It worked
so well he put one on his RV which wasn't that noisy to begin with, now you
almost can't hear it at all ( the generator is in a insulated box and the
exhaust is plumbed through an car muffler all the way out the back).

Good luck
tHAT

"Ernie Leimkuhler" wrote in message
I bought a Coleman Powermate 5000 a few months back.
It works fine for the ocasional location welding I need to do.
It only has to power my inverter.

My only problem is the noise.
It has this tiny little spark arrestor, and no real muffler.

I am hoping that one of you guys has successfully added some kind of
muffler from a moped of small motorcycle.

The engine is a 10 hp Tecumsa Sno-King engine as used on snowblowers.

http://www.colemanpowermate.com/gene...45004_17.shtml

I am looking for a simple cheap solution, but I don't know enough about
small engines to know if the muffler provides some kind of back
pressure to the engine.