Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Putting too many long-burning logs in the fireplace...possible bad effects?

On 18 Dec 2005 14:57:46 -0800, someone wrote:

..... I didn't realize you're
technically supposed to use only one long-burning log at a time. I
used about 4! cut I eventually put it out by pouring
lots of water on it.

1) What's a "long burning log"?

2) We have been known to run the fireplace for a couple of days
running, when there was someone home to look out for it. Is that "long
burning"? So what's the problem?

3) Lots of water? Are you out of your mind? Lucky you didn't
explode the hot bricks and do thousands of dollars of damage.