Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
BIOSMonkey

Default Need some advice about wiring basement

I am finishing my basement and need some tips on how to do a few things for
rough in. I am in Gwinnett County, GA if that matters.

Specifically:

1) I definitely will have some sort of drop ceiling, probably acoustic tile but
there is a small possibility it may be sheet rock. The ceiling will drop about
a foot or so from the bottom of the joists.
a) I assume that any electrical runs to lighting in the ceiling (cans, etc)
will require armored cable since the wire is unsupported/unprotected from the
joist to the tile?
b) I also assume that this means I will need to terminate the NMB cable into
a metal junction box, and run the armored cable from there to the fixtures?
c) for rough-in there will be no actual fixtures...so how do I terminate the
armored cable? Or do I not run any armored cable at all until fixtures are
there?

2) What is used to rough-in wall lights (for example the bathroom), a standard
circular fixture box like they used for the ceiling?

3) Will the inspector examine only what I have done? ie if he/she sees
something that is sloppy but was done by the home builder, could I be required
to fix it? That would seem rather unfair since THEY were supposed to get it
inspected to get the CO...