Posted to alt.home.repair
Keith Williams

Default flooring fitting question

In article .com,
says...
Bamboo can be floated, glued or nailed. My company (Fair Pacific
Bamboo Flooring) floats bamboo in about 1/4 of our installations with
no problems.

Interesting. I nailed ours down. We went with the 6' vertical
medium-carbonized flooring from Enviro Choice:

http://www.diyflooring.com/item_3344...dium/item.html

It's great stuff, easy to install, and quite inexpensive (about the
same as the mid-grade vinyl it replaced).

snip

Unfortunately, what you are seeing with your planks not fitting is
common with low cost planks. The milling and/or drying is not what it
should be, so you end up with planks that have large gaps. Sometimes,
this can be mitigated by applying pressure to the planks to bring them
together while nailing or while the adhesive set

Interesting. I thought all of the bamboo came from the same place
(China) and was pretty similar. Though, I did try to fit the stuff
I bought with some a friend put down. They were quite different.

snip

I hope this helps! There is way to much bad bamboo flooring on the
market - Fair Pacific is here to help correct that situation, because
quality bamboo flooring planks make a very nice, very sturdy,
environmentally friendly floor.

Since we put it down, we've been noticing more and more talk about
the advantges of bamboo. I'm thinking about putting it in a couple
more rooms (downstairs bedroom, family room, and/or living room),
replacing carpeting.

--
Keith