Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon

Default Are electric oil-filled radiator heaters a carbon monoxide risk?

wrote:
I've been experiencing some symptoms of low level carbon monoxide
exposure. I have an 10 year old oil-filled radiator heater under my
computer desk. I sit at this desk eight hours a day. I've read that
electric oil-filled heaters aren't a carbon monoxide risk, but I wonder
if this is always true?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

There is no carbon monoxide (CO) associated with
any electric heating device. CO is product of
incomplete burning of gas, oil, wood, kerosene,
and other fuels.

There is absolutely no way you can get carbon
monoxide from an oil filled electric heater.