Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

Default Boilers, boilers.. Ed Sirett ?

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:23:39 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:16:36 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 18:52:23 +0000, Nick wrote:

Hi Ed,

I was wondering if you had seen any / many
Wickes Combis, the 102,000 btu item ?
It is a Halstead, possibly the Ace High,
with a Wickes badge ?

The sheds and catalogues (Screwfux
and TollStation etc.) tend to rebadge
low end boilers to be sold on price.

I really must write the how to choose a boiler FAQ.

Please don't has you clearly don't know too much about them. 10 litre/min
from wall hung combis? Please. The FAQ needs to have correct and factual
information, nothing that is misleading, no old wives tales or personal
prejudices.

So you won't be contributing then?

I'm about half way through. I'll willingly take into consideration
everyones comments. I'm quite pleased with the generosity of the good
doctor's offer to edit it. ISTR that when he looked at the Sealed CH FAQ
he only got to the first paragraph before giving up and declaring the
work as 'incomplete' and 'wrong'. This FAQ is about choosing a particular
maker/model not the type of boiler or heating system.