Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default I wanted a dremel drill...

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
[snip]

Not sure how a dremel will help there - it's larger than both.

Visualise this...

10.30 this morning I got a phonecall from a friend who asked me could I
repair for a leak in a rad pipe for his brother, no problem I says.
On getting there he told me he'd been laying laminate flooring and the
floorboard near the wall was a bit raised so hammered a couple of nails in
to get it level, silly sod had also hammered a nail in the center of the FB
which went straight through the rad pipe.
Had the nail just gone through the top of the pipe then a half piece of
copper pipe would had sufficed and soldered on to the pipe, but the nail
went straight through top & bottom.

Now with the pipes being so close to the wall there was no chance of an
hacksaw or cutter as the pipe was the nearest one to wall with the return
close to the feed? so this is where the dremel came in handy. :-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite