Posted to alt.home.repair
CBHVAC

Default Are electric oil-filled radiator heaters a carbon monoxide risk?

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 08:08:14 -0500, "HeatMan"
wrote:

"Brian" wrote in message
groups.com...

wrote:
I've been experiencing some symptoms of low level carbon monoxide
exposure. I have an 10 year old oil-filled radiator heater under my
computer desk. I sit at this desk eight hours a day. I've read that
electric oil-filled heaters aren't a carbon monoxide risk, but I
wonder
if this is always true?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Nope,

Sounds like my old neighbour. He has carbon monoxide detectors all over

the house. House is all electric. Somehow industry convinced him he
needed
those....

And I'll bet those are UL2039 detectors. They won't alarm until the CO
levels are life threatening.

How about getting a CO detector with a display? Those are supposed to
show lower levels.

Still crap...seriously.

--
Mark Lloyd