Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles

Default New GE disposal - loud click when turned on?

mm wrote:

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 20:50:16 GMT, "Charles" wrote:

Just installed a new GE disposal ("disposall"). It's a 3/4 horse
GFC720F. It seems to be working, except when you first turn it on,
it makes a really loud click. I'm trying to find out if this is
normal. It's like, what's the point of all the enhanced sound
deadening stuff if it's so flippin' loud when it starts? GE's 800
number was no use.

What happend when you called?

The person was nice enough, but she was just some phone answering lady
and I could tell she didn't actually know anything. She looked in her
database for known issues and found nothing and then basically blew me
off politely.