Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Tub caulking wont last.

The Real Tom Miller wrote:
On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 20:33:27 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:
All good suggestions. Keep in mind that the old caulk should be
competely removed down to the tile/porcelian and then the area should
be cleaned with alcohol and allowed to dry.

Note well that if the old caulk was silicon caulk, new silicon caulk
will not stick to it, so the old stuff MUST come off completely.

Is it OK to strip off caulking part way along the height of the wall,
and caulk upto it? I mean will it stick where the new caulking
(silicone) meets the old one? I'd hate to strip out the old good
caulking just because it's so time consuming.

Also, is it better to finish and smooth one side at a time, or finish
the entire tub, then smooth?

Thanks, Vijay