Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Captain Napalm

Default Pioneer Plasma Receiver PDP-R05G trap switch

The next generation of Blu Ray players will be equipped with powerful
explosives that will kill everybody in sight if the unit detects possible
tampering or if someone puts a DVD+R in it.

"John-Del" wrote in message
ups.com...
Sorry I don't have the info you need, but this is similar to what JVC
does. They use a photocell to kill the DVI board if light hits it (as
in the backboard removed). The TV continues to work, but not in HD.
What I don't understand (besides the obvious) is how these booby traps
protect the manufacturer. If anyone has the skills to hack these,
they might be able to develop the skills necesssary to bypass the
Pioneer's switch, or put black tape over the JVC's photocell.

John