Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default And one last (?) craftsman RAS question...

"Toller" wrote in message
I adjusted and squared everything. When I flip my pieces over and put them
back together they fit perfectly. Except...

The table is flat, but when I move the arm to 45 degrees, both right and
left, the blade is a sixteenth close to the blade then when it is at 90
degrees. This doesn't make any sense to me; it is like the arm droops a
sixteenth when I turn it.

The trouble with RAS's, is that they need to be adjusted in 10,489 different
ways. Well not really.

If your blade is closer to the table when you rotate the arm in either
direction it sounds like the front end of the table is low than the back
side. Most RAS set up instructions cover using the motor arbor pointing
down to check that the table is coplanar with the path of the arm. Also
many tables have t nuts that help to take out sag when the table does sag.