Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH

Default And one last (?) craftsman RAS question...

Toller wrote:
I adjusted and squared everything. When I flip my pieces over and
put them back together they fit perfectly. Except...

The table is flat, but when I move the arm to 45 degrees, both right
and left, the blade is a sixteenth close to the blade then when it is
at 90 degrees. This doesn't make any sense to me; it is like the arm
droops a sixteenth when I turn it.

Did you mean that the blade is 1/16 closeer to the *table*? If so, then
either the column is seriously out of whack or your table *isn't* flat
and level - it is bowed downward in the middle.

I vote for the latter. The cure is to go through the saw alignment
steps paying particular attention to the two recessed bolts in the table
that allow differential "warping" of the table.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...