Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Captain Napalm

Default Red tint on Dell 19" M992 Monitor

I bought this monitor recetly at a boxing day sale at a great price ($10). I
fired it up and noticed a slight red tint immediatley. Blue and green seem
to work fine. The on screen controls won't let me get into the rgb
adjustements (cant find any info on service mode either), and the computer's
video card is too crummy to allow me to adjust the RGB levels there. The
previous monitor that was connected to it, a 15" daewoo, had no color
balance problems.

I opened up the monitor and removed all the shielding. The only pots present
are labeled YH YV YV-s and YH-c (or something like that) and they appear to
be related to the deflection circuits so i left them as is. The VGA cable
goes directly to the board at the back of the yoke, I searched for bad
solder joints, resolderd anything that looked suspicious and it made no
difference. This monitor is 3 years old, it seems a little early for it to
be worn out.

This problem doesnt change as the monitor warms up. I can live with it but
does anyone have an idea of what i should do??