Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Default Debris Chute

MB wrote:
Am I sure I want to do the rip out? Hell no. I'd prefer not to, but
with the budget I'm working with....
What would you guess the cost on doing a ripout would be? It's a
10'x14' room.

I can't give you a number that would have any meaning. Make a list of
the overall size of the room, floor wall and ceiling materials, number
of fixtures, tub materials, whether you want the company to do the
plumbing disconnects and give a couple or three companies a call.

If nothing else, you'll find out the amount of money you'll be saving.
Very possibly you'll find the price not that much more than a dumpster
and chute and paying yourself minimum wage. You might decide that your
time and effort would be better spent on more highly skilled endeavors.

Post back and let us know how it turns out.