Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default New GE disposal - loud click when turned on?

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 20:50:16 GMT, "Charles" wrote:

Just installed a new GE disposal ("disposall"). It's a 3/4 horse
GFC720F. It seems to be working, except when you first turn it on, it
makes a _really_ loud click. I'm trying to find out if this is normal.
It's like, what's the point of all the enhanced sound deadening stuff
if it's so flippin' loud when it starts? GE's 800 number was no use.

What happend when you called?

Anyone have one of these who can tell me how it ought to work?

TIA

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.