Posted to alt.home.repair
Ross Mac

Default Swimming Pool Turnover

"Ross Mac" wrote in message
. ..
I run my pool pump about 6 hours a day as recommended by the builder. I
think this is excessive from the calculations I have made from several
websites which recommend 2 to 3 hours a day for my equipment. The pump is a
Whisperflow WF26 @ 1.5 HP and plumbed with 2 inch PVC. The cartridge filter
is a Pentair CC150 with 150 square feet of media and runs clean at 8psi.
The pool is somewhere around 9500 gallons and is screened in to keep the
creatures of Florida out. As far as "feet of head" I can only guess at 40
or so. I have had no problems with the pool but would like to save on the
electric bill if at all possible. Can I get away with 3 hours or so??
Thanks in advance for any help.....Ross

Thanks to everyone for the tips and a Happy New Year to you all....Mac