Posted to rec.woodworking
Beej-in-GA

Default Way Off Topic: West coast eyes

"Greg O" wrote in message
"Greg G." wrote in message
Beej-in-GA said:

Hi Folks,
First I apologize for this Off Topic post, but my contacts on the West
Coast
are somewhat limited. I have a friend that is looking for anyone who
knows
about the Oasis of Hope Clinic in Tijuana. He's looking for someone
who's
had experience with them. He's rather desperate, his wife, a 10 year
cancer
survivor, has just been diagnosed as terminal. We are in Georgia and he
is
reluctant to expend slender resources on chasing wild fowl. Thanks for
your
patience and assistance.
Best Regards,
Beej

Just my opinion, but I believe that most of these "Treatment Centers"
are scams that prey upon the vain hope of it's victims. They bleed
your wallet dry with false promises of miraculous cures that "The FDA
won't approve in the US". I wouldn't drink the water there, much less
submit to medical treatment. There is a reason they do not operate
within the US - the ones that exist in the states are bad enough.

Of course, there may be exceptions, but I wouldn't expect them to be
located in Mexico... Canada, Germany, France, etc. perhaps...

I am sorry to hear of your friends and their troubles and wish I had
better information to offer. I personally would be more inclined to
do some research, internationally, for possible herbal remedies and
treatments and such. Spend your days comfortable, at home among
family and friends, rather than being ripped off by some swindler
across the border - or for that matter, some swindler... uh...
hospital in the US.

JMHO, FWIW, etc.

Greg G.

You may be right, but I personally know a gent that was diagnosed with
terminal cancer twenty years ago. The doctors told him to get his things
in order because he had only a few months to go. Luckily he had the
resources and the determination not to give up. He spent the better part
of a year in Mexico and beat the cancer. He is still alive and well today!

--
PoorUB
'05 Ultra Classic

Hi Greg,
This is the kind of thing my friend is looking for. Was the fellow you know
treated at Oasis of Hope? If you would like to respond off list, replace
brainboing with mindspring. Thanks for your response.
Regards,
Beej