Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Jackson

Default How does a DW718 cut 16"?

It will cut a full 14" out of the box. If you want to cut 16" it appears
you have to remove the fence, and place two pieces of 3/4" on the table.
Your workpiece will then lay against a sub-fence allowing to cut a full 16".
BTW...I own the saw and have yet to cut anything at a full 16", I'm just
going off the literature that came with the saw. --dave

"Toller" wrote in message
I saw it at HD, but the expert there was surprised at the question and
didn't have any idea. I went to the Dewalt website and they talk about an
auxillary base. What is it, you raise the board up so it hits a wider
piece part of the blade, or is there more to it than that?