Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller

Default Good/Bad Idea

On 25 Dec 2005 21:35:30 -0800, "
wrote:

Hmmm, I know some good old boys that don't think you need to use a
new, never used propane tank for filling tires. In fact they believe
that a perfectly good tank for filling tires is one that has propane in
it. I personally have never used propane to presurize a tire.

W.W. Grainger sells a device to replace the valve in a propane tank so
you can use the tank for compressed air. It has a pressure relief
valve, schrader valve, 1/4 inch port for a pressure gauge, and a
quarter turn valve to cut off the pressure to the port where you
connect a hose. The smell of the methyl mercaptan really isn't a
problem if you are using the tank for filling tires.

Dan

I have a manifold with the fitting for the propane valve on one side,
on the other side there a pressure gauge, schraeder valve stem,
female quick connect, and a ball valve.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada