Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling

Default Silicone

Jim Scott wrote:
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 20:25:42 -0000, R.P.McMurphy wrote:

"Jim Scott" wrote in message
Two questions:

Is there a paint which you can use over silicone filler that does not peel
off?

Can I get a thinner less rapid drying silicone that I can paint on to a
surface to waterproof it?
--
Jim
Tyneside UK

what kind of surface?

OLD wood. I have an attic window which I cannot afford to replace. The wood
is original and allows water through on the front where I can reach. I
applied silicone and smoothed it in with my finger and it appears to have
worked. I would like to be prepared in case I have missed a bit.

I have had interesting results using acetoxy cure silicone (the one that smells
like vinegar when it cures) thinned with white spirit, to a yogurt like
consistency, for painting on stuff.
However, while this does provide a film, that will stick to silicone, I
don't know of its long term stability.