Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
mm

Default Tub clogged again, need prevention.

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 14:21:56 GMT, "Sam Nickaby" wrote:

wrote in message oups.com...
"This cap works great but it's missing. How
can I prevent hair from going in there and where can I buy a
dome drain cap? "

Since the drain cap appears to have been sufficient in the past, why
not just replace it? Plumbing supply or perhaps one of the big box
stores.

I'd search for the cap at ACE and big box stores but only find this.

http://www.dollardays.com/images/f42/image2/543.jpg

The kind that works has a dome shape made of stainless steel
and hard to find.

Even though I have what I thought were standard Eljer toilets, I
couldn't find a flapper that didn't leak a bit. When I finally found
one I bought 4. When that store was going out of business, I searched
via the web, and got 3 hits for it, one of them in Baltimore, where I
happen to live. This time I bought 24, for 3 toilets. I figure this
should last me till I die, and maybe on my death bed, I'll be able to
trade flappers with my neighbors to get them to bring me food.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.