Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Default The Sweet Smell of Melting Plastic...

RicodJour wrote:

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Oh yeah, I'd borrowed a mirror out of wifey's purse
to let me see where to stick that hot screw in.

"where to stick that hot screw in"
Jeff? It's a family newsgroup, okay?

Since I'm going to hit the big "seven oh" in another few weeks I feel
perfectly entitled to act like a dirty old man and couch my descriptions
in prurient terms. G

One of the few nice things about reaching an age where everything making
up your body either leaks, dries up, falls out, or breaks ... is that
people can't call you a "fresh young punk" anymore when you insult them.

I realized I'd crossed a midline point about 15 years ago when I
admonished a young twit who was filling up her car next to mine at a
self serve station while dangling a lit cigarette in her free hand ...
about a foot away from her car's fillpipe. Her response to me, which I
still remember word for word was, "What's the matter you old fart, do
you want to live forever?"

A few observations/questions:
Since you were looking in a mirror, didn't you actually push the stub
in?
Did the stub appear smaller (as in a rearview mirror)?
How many hands do you have? I counted about four before I lost track.

I'll take the Fifth on those, please.

But I did find it frustratingly/interesting to note that while I can
easily shave my face and comb what's left of my hair using a mirror, it
wasn't easy to position that hot screw over the peg's location while
looking at the reflected view. It took a second heating of the screw
before I got practiced enough to put it where It had to go.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)