Gnube

Default Router reccomendations

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 00:55:04 +0100, Gnube
wrote:

For my "proper" router I am currently looking at Ferm or Erbauer half
inchers as they are currently looking like an interesting couple of
items to me at least. (anyone here tried either of them?) I'll follow
what other replies you get with much interest as it's pretty relevant
to me too right now - you just beat me to it posting the question!!
;O)

OOPS! I meant the Freud or Erbauer! Seems Ferm have made quite an
impression on me here! ;O)

FREUD FT2000E
Looks OK, but might be a tad heavy, I reckon it'd be solid though
based on their circular saw I just got. Finish might not be quite so
pretty as some can be but it's pretty tidy design from what I can
tell.

ERBAUER 1/2"
Screwfix' own brand. This company have gone the extra mile in so many
ways to get a good reputation, I can't see how the wisdom which got
them where they are now could be abandoned all that easily, but who
knows, maybe this is their moment to wobble!? Anyone tried any other
Erbauer brand products yet?

My DW experience has left me quite disillusioned with the bigger makes
and labels - seems they are not all that keen to be careful with their
reputations either. The old "1000 pound gorilla" syndrome perhaps?

Take Care,
Gnube